Wicked Words Issue 2Posted: August 10, 2014
This reading for this issue took much longer than the previous issue, this was due to two main factors; I was finishing off my Open University degree and had to write a 4500 word essay concerning 15th century Flemish Altarpieces and the other factor was the amount of submissions, well over 250 this time.
A lot of strong stories which made it even harder to choose which to include, but the ones I have included are:
- The Sled by Edward McDermott
- Closing Schrödinger’s Box by Michael W. Lucht
- 6/13 by Luke Walker
- The Corruption of Rome by Nick Nafpilotis
- The Spume Horse by Bo Balder
- Pit Stop by S. Kay Nash
- The Duke’s Fountain by Hugh O’Donnell
- My Four Foundling Fathers by Michael Andre-Driussi
- Red Zoo by Paul McMahon
- Whatever It Takes by Wendy Hammer
- Like Father by Justin Koch
- The Watchmaker by Todd Scott Moffet
A few weeks of formatting and editing ahead to get it ready to publish in September and then continue reading the stories already submitted for the December issue, there are already approximately seventy submissions, a large majority of which are Novella-sized.